Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday tid bits

I was excited for this book to come out on Friday.  I've been reading about it all over the blog world and I couldn't wait to get a copy.  I've read Big Mama's blog a few times and she is just so witty and so real.  I knew this would be a great read on her experiences on motherhood.  I got it Saturday and finished it last night!  Now I have to wait until June for BooMama's book to come out.


Next up on my reading list is The Story.  This Sunday we are starting a 31 week sermon series on this book.   I started it today and I'm looking forward to our small group getting back together so we can study this together.  And I'm really excited that the sermons will be on our church website because I miss a few Sundays a month to teach Sunday school and work in the nursery.  


Weight loss was not a New Year's resolution for me, but I finally decided sometime in January that I might as well attempt to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (I plateaued at the last 7 or so pounds).  Had I started a little earlier, I could have made it by Emmy's first birthday, but I didn't.  However, in four short weeks of using My Fitness Pal app, I have lost 5.8 pounds and only have 1.6 pounds to go!  Now if only I could actually get my pre-pregnancy body back, but I know that's wishful thinking (not that it was that great anyway, ha)!



It's been a month since I've given up Diet Coke and I'm doing great.  There have been a few times I wanted one, but nothing I couldn't handle!


Happy Tuesday friends!

No comments: