Thursday, February 21, 2013

the sun is shining, but it's still SO cold

For someone who has so little hair, it sure is out of control in the mornings!


 
Last week I blogged about my strides in weight loss and my accomplishments of sticking to my "no Diet Coke" New Year's resolution.  I guess in celebration, I decided to indulge in some not so diet friendly treats since then.  Today it was Starbucks!  I'm not a coffee drinker, but I sure do love their peppermint hot chocolate.  It was a nice treat on this cold day and I had a gift card!

 
If breaking the diet wasn't bad enough, I broke the New Year's resolution too!  This Sunday when we went to lunch after church I broke down and had a diet Dr. Pepper.  I just needed one.  And then Jason brought me a diet Coke on Tuesday.  And then we went to Sonic yesterday.  So I guess I blew that!  Oh well.  There is always next  month!
 
 
Since becoming a stay at home mom, I have cut costs and spending in ALL areas of my/our life (like going to Sonic).  I'm accepting the fact that "less is more", but sometimes a girl just needs a little retail therapy.  These days I really only shop if I have gift cards or birthday/Christmas money.  However, yesterday I splurged and bought Emmy some TOMS.  I had been looking at the knock off version at Payless, but they were $20 (which isn't much cheaper than the name brand).  So when Zulily had TOMS on special yesterday (for slightly less than the Payless version), I snagged a pair!  I wanted a patterned pair, but they were sold out of her size by the time I was shopping.  I'm pretty happy with the pink ones! 

 
I'm not sure I could pull off TOMS on myself, but when they're this size, they're just so stinkin' cute.  I resisted the urge to buy this fun pair they were offering today.
 
 
My mom found these Red Velvet Pop Tarts and they sound delicious.  I didn't try them (I've got to stick to this diet), but if they're anything like the pumpkin pie or sugar cookie versions, they must be delicious. 

 
Hope the rest of you are having better luck at sticking to your resolutions this week! 
 

No comments: