Friday, July 3, 2009

Mama loves her sleep

For the past 2 months I have been telling people that Bryce is a great sleeper. He would eat, go to bed around 8:30, get up around 4 to eat again, and then go back to bed until around 8. I couldn't believe what a great night sleep I was getting with such a young baby. Well............I guess Bryce didn't want me to get too much of a good thing. I already told you that he wasn't a great sleeper last weekend at the beach. I was so excited to get home and get back to normal. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting to get back to normal. Bryce has woken up around 1 o'clock every night this week. I try putting the pacifier in his mouth so he will go back to sleep. That doesn't work. I pick him up out of the crib and rock him back to sleep. That worked a few times, but I have mostly found myself feeding him to calm him down. Then his daytime 3 hour (like clock work) eating schedule kicks in and he is up by 4 again to eat. And best of all, he is up by 6 and ready to start the day. (We have managed to get in a walk every morning while it is still cool outside.) I think we may have made a break through last night. Part of the problem with him waking up in the middle of the night is because he can roll now and he rolls himself onto his stomach. Until last night, he really wasn't sure what to do with his head when he was on his stomach. He always picks it up and looks around. Jason did night duty last night since he was going to be off today. When he went to calm him, he was on his stomach and was soaking wet from drooling. Jason changed him and flipped him to the dry end of the crib. I heard Jason get up a little later and when he came back to bed I told him I hadn't heard Bryce. He said he didn't either so he went and checked on him. Bryce was on his stomach the last time he left him and apparently he figured out how to lay his head down and SLEEP!!! So to make a long story short (HA), Bryce might start sleeping through the night again because he knows what to do when he rolls over. I really wanted to post a picture of him sleeping on his belly, but there is no way I am risking waking him to get a picture. This is the latest he has slept all week, hallelujah!.

No comments: