Friday, November 29, 2019

post thanksgiving fun

We headed to Raleigh for Thanksgiving lunch at my grandmother's retirement center.  I didn't manage a single picture there.  Just this picture of Emmy on the ride home!


We were able to get home in time for Thanksgiving dinner at Jason's grandma's house but I still didn't manage any pictures.  


We were excited to watch the VT vs UVA football game today.  Apparently Bryce was growing his hair out to wear a mohawk for this game.  Now he's ready for a haircut, ha!


Jason worked at the bakery on Tuesday night.  He got a paper cut on a pie box and quickly bandaged it up so he could get back to work.  When he got home and took off his bandaid, he saw VT in his blood.  Weird, I know, but pretty cool.  We hoped it was a good sign we'd win, but unfortunately the streak has been broken after 15 straight VT wins.


Jason bought me a "special" present.  Can you guess by the boxes what it was?


"It's a major award!"  I do love that movie and I have a couple leg lamp ornaments, but this takes the cake.  I'm pretty sure this was more for Jason since he's the tacky decorator and I like nice, more fancy décor.  


Jason even opened the blinds so you could really appreciate it.  The outdoor decorations were strategically placed so they wouldn't interfere with the visibility of the lamp.  Like I said, I'm pretty sure this was for him.  He's just like the dad in the movie about this thing!


As is our Thanksgiving tradition, we had Thanksgiving dinner at Nana's house tonight.


Rives and Jeris were able to join us this year.


We've been wearing our pajamas the past few years to decorate the tree.  This year Nana wanted to us to match so we got sloth Christmas shirts.  Nanny would be proud.  Maybe!


Family time is the best time!

No comments: