Sunday, November 5, 2017

winery weekend

This weekend was scheduled to be our annual Wintergreen winery weekend with friends.  Everyone's schedules kind of fell apart as the date neared so we had to cancel.  However, I was determined to make the best of it at home!


Saturday morning I got to sleep in.  Jason was hunting, but the kids knew to do their own thing if they woke up before me.  Bryce was up at 6:45, I got up at 7:45 and Emmy slept until 8:30.  I felt so refreshed.  I even got up and made muffins and a yummy breakfast complete with a mimosa.  


Later in the afternoon Jason and I and our friend Kathryn headed to New Kent to a few wineries.  The first stop was Saude Creek.  We had never been here and it was just beautiful.  The setting made it feel like we were in the mountains even though we weren't. 



Our next stop was New Kent Winery.




They closed early for a private even so when we left there we stopped at a fun burger place we happened to pass between wineries.  


The burgers were SO good.  


The kids spent the night with my mom so after dinner we were able to visit our friends who usually go with us.  They just closed on a brand new house, hence why they couldn't go out of town this weekend.  We watched a little of the HOKIES game when we got home and then went to bed early on day light savings night!  It was glorious!!

No comments: