Tuesday, October 31, 2017

greek olympics

Third graders study Ancient Greece this year and Bryce's school has a fun Greek Olympics event as the culminating activity. 


Our friend Barbara insisted we use one of her pre-made togas so we wouldn't have to make our own.  I finally gave in, because who was I kidding, I can't make a toga, and I was happy I did!


Bryce participated in a few events.  I only caught him in the running event.  It's not so easy running in a toga!


Zeus led the Olympics.


His class.


After the Olympics, they had a feast of cucumbers, grapes, tzatziki sauce, feta, hummus, pita chips, fig newtons, olives, bread, olive oil and grape juice.  Bryce wasn't very adventurous with his food choices. 


The Olympics happened to fall over the span of my planning time, time with third grade and my lunch so I was able to attend the whole event with him.  This work gig has really been great for me!

No comments: