Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Emmy's big girl room

A sweet little girl in our house is turning 4 on Saturday and she needed a new room for her big girl status!  I re-did Bryce's room over the summer and really had a vision for his space.  I knew I wanted Emmy's room to be super girly, kind of shaby chic, but didn't really know where to go from there.  I found the bed spread over the summer when I was doing Bryce's room so I kind of went from there.
 
 
I'm slowly painting all the rooms in our house Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore.  It's the color of our downstairs, Bryce's room and now Emmy's room. 

 
I didn't want to do any other pink in the room for fear of making it too childish.  Yes, she's 4, but I want this room to grow with her.  I decided to do white and gold accents.  And you can never grow out of a monogram! 

 
Gold accents were easy to add to the room! 

 
I really wanted to keep the décor simple and I can't stand having a lot of stuff everywhere.  This picture was in Emmy's nursery and I don't think I'll ever change it!  The little shoes hold her first haircut trimmings and one day, her first lost tooth!

 
I had some fun with the gallery wall.  I already had the mirror from Pottery Barn kids and the letter E.  I really wanted to incorporate deer antlers, but couldn't find any that I loved.  Good thing I have a hunter husband and he was willing to share, mount them and spray paint them!!!  The mirror sunbursts came in a set from Marshall's and I found the love picture at Tuesday Morning.  I want to do a lucite tray with her monogram for the dresser, but that area is a work in progress.

 
Bedding - Target
Deer pillow - Etsy
Polka Dot pillows - Etsy
Wooden monogram - Etsy
Small lamp - Target
Hello Beautiful Print - Hobby Lobby
Large lamp - Target
Curtain panels - Pier 1
Curtain rod - Hobby lobby
Lighted heart - Target

No comments: