Thursday, November 28, 2013

thanksgiving 2013

We headed out Wednesday morning to Raleigh to spend Thanksgiving with my dad's family.  It was a rainy travel day so we did exactly what we would have done at home, cuddled under blankets, watched a movie, took a nap, and read a book!  Bryce was glued to the Planes movie, but Emmy eventually fell asleep.  They were great travelers!
I'm so thankful that Jason drives on road trips.  Time in the car is just about the only time I can sit and relax.  I never can relax at home because there is always something to be done.  I started this book Wednesday on the drive down and was able to finish it the same day thanks to some down time and people to entertain the kids!

 
We have eaten Thanksgiving lunch at my uncle Bynum's house in Murfreesboro for as long as I can remember, but the last two years have been different.  We actually didn't get together with the whole family last year, but this year we did, just a different location.  I think my cousin Emily and her family were the only ones missing this year.

 
This was the best the kids would do for a picture!

 
I am so thankful for all of our family that we will celebrate with before the weekend is over!  We also had dinner with my stepsisters and their families on Wednesday night, but I wasn't able to get a picture.   

No comments: