Monday, December 26, 2022

christmas 2022

We enjoyed our week off from school leading up to Christmas.  


We made a gingerbread house.


We made cookies for Santa.


Bryce's girlfriend, Alex, joined us.



They exchanged gifts and are just the cutest. 


Thanks to the internet I got creative for Christmas Eve breakfast.   I think they turned out magazine worthy, ha!


Bryce had a cough for a few days so I took his temperature on Christmas Eve and he had a touch of a fever.  Since we celebrate with my mom on Christmas Eve we decided to eat separately to not spread germs.  We had Chinese for the third year in a row. 


We did still get together for presents but wore masks just in case.  My mom and Paul were headed out of town the day after Christmas and didn't want to run the risk of getting sick. 


Our Sunday school class was asked to light the advent candle at the Christmas Eve service. 


We elected a combination of "three wise guys" for each service, ha!


 I prefer the modern service and the music, but it's not Christmas without the candlelight so we went to both!


Christmas morning!


Presents and stockings!




I heard both kids say "I got everything I wanted" so I'd say it was a successful Christmas. 


After a slow morning at home we headed to church. 


After church we headed to Jason's parents for brunch and presents. 


We had two fewer stops this Christmas so we had a little more time at home to enjoy our gifts and have some down time.  I wrapped up the evening with a festive movie and a matching beverage!


We hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

No comments: