Monday, July 26, 2021

a low key week

We have fallen into a routine in July.  Emmy has gymnastics three mornings a week so while she's there Bryce and I hang out at home and then hit the bowling alley before picking her up.  Emmy and I spend the evenings together since Bryce has baseball three evenings a week.


It was a bit cooler and less humid on Thursday so we went for a trail walk after gymnastics.


Emmy and I have been counting down the days until the Olympics (gymnastics specifically) so we were excited when it started.


We were out and about on Saturday morning so we decided to head to the city to check out the canal walk.  We've biked parts of it before, but there were parts to walk that we hadn't seen.  


Jason and I had a date night on Saturday night.  It's been a long time!  We enjoyed dinner on the rooftop, walked around the VCU campus and reminisced about our college days, and then got dessert before heading home. 


Our church is doing an "at the movies" sermon series so they rented out a cute little local theater to show the movie "Up"!  It was a fun time.


I'm looking forward to my birthday this week to wrap up July and then our August gets busy!

No comments: