Sunday, March 22, 2020

the weekend

Friday was another beautiful day so Bryce did his daily reading outside.


For writing on Friday Bryce wrote a letter to one of his teachers and then we rode bikes to the post office to mail it.


The kids left at noon for a weekend long sleepover at MeMa and PaPa's.  Maybe the last one until the quarantine is over.


Jason and I had booked a spring break trip to Mexico for just the two of us, but we finally had to make the decision to cancel it on Saturday.  I tried to pretend I was in Mexico since it felt like a summer day!


We enjoyed dinner with a little Mexican flare including the best jalapeƱo Chicken salad.


I admit that I'll be one who gains 20 pounds while quarantined.  I can't stop eating.  Soon enough shopping will be even more limited and maybe I won't have access to Easter candy!


There's been lots of reading and wine too!


I've said it before, but the memes are helping me stay sane.


Bryce has mastered the Rubik's cube in his time away from school and sports.


Emmy's Sunday school teacher sent her a sweet note in the mail with a fun scavenger hunt so we did it on Sunday once they got home from their sleepover weekend.


She had fun hunting for things around the house and she even willingly put it all away!  Now we're gearing up for week two of homeschooling!

No comments: