Monday, July 30, 2018

my birthday week

Since the kids were away, I decided to celebrate my birthday all week while they were gone.  


I went out with some friends from church on Monday night.  One of the girls and I met up before dinner for drinks and then we met the others for drinks, apps and a yummy dinner.


I just love these ladies.


We couldn't resist walking down the street for dessert.  They have the best ice cream!


We went out with our neighbors on Wednesday night. Jason's cousin's husband is a bartender at a fun French restaurant so we stopped by there for drinks before going to dinner.


We had dinner at a yummy Mexican place I had been wanting to try.


Instead of a birthday serenade or dessert, we got tattoos, ha!


Thursday night I had a little shark week fun with a friend from church.


A local winery had shark week slushies and we just couldn't resist.



Saturday was my actual birthday!  


Jason and I had breakfast with my mom and Nanny before heading to the winery with some girl friends.


We went to Upper Shirley Plantation and their food and wine were amazing, as well as the views!




Saturday night we helped prepare and serve dinner for Caritas (a local homeless ministry) at our church.


In all of the celebrations, there wasn't any cake.  Jason put some candles in a couple of brownie bites when we got home from church and sang to me.


And the best birthday present, was the kids getting home in time to tell me happy birthday!



We had a family lunch and party on Sunday to finish off the birthday celebrations.


I'd say this was a birthday to remember.  I'm looking forward to what 36 holds!

No comments: