Thursday, November 24, 2016

friendsgiving

We went to our first Friendsgiving last weekend.  A friend from high school and his wife (far right) started hosting this event last year and we were excited to be able to go this year.  I think I heard there were 64 people there once all the kids and spouses were counted. 

Excited about a Hokie win!


They have Santa come and he hands out personalized stockings for each of the kids.


It was a fun surprise for our kids because we didn't tell them and they didn't know to expect it since they hadn't gone last year.


They were very good this year, Santa.


He's pretty fun to take to a party!


Everyone brought a dish to share.  After looking through what others were bringing, I noticed the cranberry sauce was missing.  I don't personally like cranberry sauce, but it seems like a Thanksgiving staple to me.  I found this cranberry apple casserole and it was delicious.


Unfortunately, Friendsgiving took on a whole new meaning this year when a friend gave the stomach bug to the crowd.  The last I heard, about 17 people who were there ended up with the bug, including Jason and Bryce.  They were both down on Tuesday, so we thought it best not to head out of town yesterday so we're home and finding our way through this Thanksgiving!

No comments: