Sunday, November 8, 2015

wintergreen weekend

We had a much needed weekend away this weekend!  I feel like I have been going non-stop since the end of July!  We went on a whirlwind of vacations and then I went into crazy mode preparing for my duties as hospitality coordinator for my MOPs group and vice president of the PTA.  And before I could ever find my way, I started my own business.  To say I needed a breather is an understatement.  I don't know if anyone else is like me, but I cannot relax in my own house!  There is always something that needs to be done and I have to do it right now! 
 
Friday night we headed up to Wintergreen.  We had dinner at Devil's Backbone and then settled into our condo for a relaxing evening!  We slept in on Saturday and moved at our own pace to get ready!  Everyone in our group split up the meals so I didn't even have to fix my own breakfast on Saturday. 
 
 
After breakfast we headed out for a day of wine tasting.

 
Our first stop was Pollak Winery and I think it was my favorite.  Their wine was my favorite and the setting was just perfect.  The inside was warm and cozy on what ended up being a cold and rainy day.  I know the view outside would have been just as beautiful with some sunshine!

 
Next we headed to Afton Mountain Winery.  Their wine was not my favorite, but the scenery was beautiful.  They had a nice covered picnic area with a fire and a great view.  Another friend brought a yummy lunch of meat, cheese, crackers and such.  It was so good!

 
Views from Afton Mountain.

 
Another couple was originally going to go with us, but weren't able to make it so Jason ended up being the only guy.  He was a great sport and a great DD!

 
Doesn't get much better than this!

 
Our third and final winery for the day was Flying Fox Winery.  I actually sat that one out so I can't rate it, but the other girls raved about their wine!

 
Since Jason was such a great sport about the winery tour, we ended the day at Bold Rock Cidery.

 
It was really fun watching the bottling process.

 
We could have watched for hours, ha!

 
I'm not a beer drinker, but their hard cider is so good!  We sure did luck out with the fireplace seating!  After our tours, we went back to the condo and I fixed chili for dinner and then curled up under a blanket and read a book and watched college football.  Just what I needed!

 
And while we were away, the kids were at home having plenty of fun with Nana and Pap.  My mom was so excited to take the kids to the Peanuts movie!!
 
 
Now I'm ready to tackle another crazy busy week!

No comments: