Sunday, August 12, 2012

catch up

Bryce is going to be going to preschool 2 days a week this year and I'm getting excited.  I'm not so sure he's totally excited yet (he says he is going to miss me), but I think he'll love it.  I was so excited when his school supply list came in the mail.  Since I won't be teaching this year (and I'm obviously not a student anymore), it will be the first time in 25 years I have not gone back-to-school shopping.  We headed out to Target this week to get the things he needed.  These things are mostly for the class and not specifically his, but it was fun.  We still need to get a book bag, but I'm not ready to fight that battle because he'll probably want some silly cartoon theme where I would rather have a pattern or single color.  But, it is for him and I want him to love it!   

He happened to find an old stuffed animal of mine this week and carried it around the house for a day.  Totally unrelated to school supplies!
The babies from our recent baby boom in our small group are starting to turn 1.  All the kids in our small group came together on Thursday to celebrate Maggie's (white shirt) 1st birthday.  I lined all the kids up from oldest to youngest.  Emmy girl still doesn't get the concept of the camera and the jumping parents and silly sounds!


Good friends of ours were in town this weekend so we met up at Starbucks this morning before they headed out of town.  We were excited to meet little Kaleb.  He will be 1 next month.  Boy do we wish they lived closer.


Bryce didn't want to be left out of the picture taking!


Our sweet babies.



I've been a bit under the weather this week so I've been taking very little pictures and going to bed too early to blog.  Hopefully after a doctor visit this week and some more testing, I'll be on the mend.  We're headed to the beach on Saturday and I NEED to be well.



No comments: