Tuesday, May 17, 2011

potty training

Showing off his potty prize!


In my mind, potty training should come easy for Bryce because he seems so smart to me.  I know it really has nothing to do with that, and I just need to wait until he is ready, but I'm ready already!  Some days he shows interest in sitting on the potty (his little one or the regular big one) and other days he kicks and screams and there is no chance.  He usually gets rewarded with some type of candy treat for trying or actually going (always pee....he never wants to poop).  We have had a bag of sports balls hanging on the bathroom door as an incentive to get him to poop on the potty since that seems to be the bigger challenge.  Some days he would sit on the potty for hours to earn the ball and other days he could care less.  Tonight he looked as though he may be going in his diaper so I got him in time and put him on the potty and he went!  I know he's only been 2 for a couple of months and I shouldn't stress about it, but that's what I do!  Sorry for the long rambling post, but it's just one of those things I needed to document for me!
 

No comments: