Tuesday, January 25, 2011

23 months

I can't believe we will have a 2 year old in one short month!  I am cherishing every moment with Bryce and I'm so glad we have the blog to capture our memories through pictures and captions.


Bryce has been opting to stay in his pajamas rather than getting dressed for Kelly's since it has been so cold recently.  However, this morning he was excited about getting dressed up for his Valentine photo shoot with Kelly and the kids.  I just thought he looked so stinkin' cute sitting there like a big boy!


When I get Bryce out of bed in the mornings the first thing he normally says is, "I'm awake, Mama".  It's too cute.  Bryce can't get downstairs fast enough to eat his oatmeal for breakfast.  I'm pretty sure Bryce would eat oatmeal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if we would let him.  We're still trying to get him to branch out, but fruit snacks still seem to be a food group, too.  He did eat 5 or 6 pieces of broccoli tonight and I couldn't believe it.


Getting a good picture of Bryce is still a challenge.  Bryce has picked up on Chase's "Why?" questioning, but he doesn't really get it so he usually ends up asking, "Why not?" even if it is a "Why" question, HA!  He is getting better answering questions with a yes or a yes please, rather than his normal uh huh or yeah.  This makes me happy. 


Here is a typical picture!  I can't wait to see how much/if any Bryce has grown.  He is wearing 2T shirts, 18 month pants because he is so short, and size 4 diapers.  I have no idea what size shoe he wears.  I put him in anything from a 5-7 depending on what matches his outfit!


Bryce enjoys singing and he is getting really good as saying the blessing at dinner time.  I will have to try and get it on video.  We have also been trying to teach him his right and left.  I know it is probably early, but when I see my fourth graders struggle with this it makes me want to get a head start!


Potty training is touch and go around here.  Over the summer I really thought Bryce was going to take off with it.  Then he lost interest in it and absolutely despised the thought of sitting on the toilet.  He's coming back around now.  It may just be for the gummy fish he gets for trying, but I guess a little motivation can't hurt.  He actually did pee and poop (sorry if that is TMI for some) the other day at Nana and Pap's house and it was a BIG deal. 


We decided to get out and about tonight so we went and watched a basketball game at PaPa's school.  Chase is on the left and their friend Kaleb is on the right.  I forgot my camera tonight so I had to use my cell phone.  The boys looked so cute from behind sitting next to each other on the bleachers.  They loved playing basketball during half time and after the game. 



Hoping this month doesn't fly by, but I'm sure it will.

No comments: