Monday, November 29, 2010

more thanksgiving

This past Saturday we invited Jason's family into our home for the Williams' Family Thanksgiving. The last count was 47 people! We were packed in like sardines, but the company and food were good!
The counters were lined with yummy food.

The crowd making their way through.

The dessert table. I didn't have any room for dessert after I devoured my plate of food shown below.

We had pineapple casserole, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, corn pudding, macaroni and cheese, broccoli casserole, turkey, ham, grape salad, lima beans, rolls, and there is probably more that I didn't have room for. Luckily Jason's mom did all the cooking and I only had to do the cleaning!

Some guest ate in the dining room, the living room, the kitchen, and a few braved Jason's garage and ate out there.

Jason's parents bought us this fancy patio heater for guests who wanted to tough the elements. Unfortunately it was a bit too chilly, but we scored a great heater for future gatherings.

I think there were nine great grandchildren there. I only managed to capture Bryce and Chase.

I cleaned ALL day Saturday to get ready for dinner and then cleaned that night after everyone left. Luckily I had a little treat waiting for me in the fridge to help me through my cleaning frenzy!

A wonderful time was had by all, but I'm sure Jason's mom is just as glad as I am that she and her siblings only have to host Thanksgiving every 8 years. I'm passing the torch to Kelly in 2018 so she can share in the fun!


No comments: