Friday, January 25, 2019

Nanny

My sweet, sweet Nanny passed away on Friday, January 18.  We are so saddened by our loss, but rejoice in her wonderful 94 years of life and know that it was a heavenly reunion with my Poppy, the love of her life. 


We had a visitation and service for her on Tuesday, January 22 at the church she and my mom attend.  We had a lot of fun putting this table of memories together.  The sloth came in recent weeks when Bryce bought it and Nanny told him what a stupid thing it was to have spent $20 on that thing!  It became quite the joke around their house. 


My mom and her brother picked out the most beautiful flowers.  


The kids handled all of this with such peace.  


These two got caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar!


My mom, her brother, their cousins and spouses came for the service.


We traveled to Newport News on Wednesday for the burial at the family plot and then had lunch at Golden Corral, an old family favorite and where we ate after my grandfathers visitation.   


We enjoyed extra time with family in town over the course of the week!

1 comment:

Annsterw said...

I am so sorry for your families loss. What a beautiful woman she sounded like! Hugs and prayers for you Grace.