Sunday, November 14, 2021

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas

Bryce's team played in their last tournament of the season last weekend.  Now for a slower paced winter practice season.


We moved our living room tree up to our playroom this year since that's where we spend most of our time.  I caught Emmy reading by the light.


The kids went out with Nana on Tuesday so Jason took me out for a dessert date.  Frozen cocktails!

 
I put up my fancy tree in the dining room this week and when I plugged it in more than half the lights were out.  I was going to replace the tree but I just don't like new trees and lights so I wrapped five new strands of lights on it and now it's BEAUtiful.


The kids got a free day off of school on Friday so we took them for a morning of jumping.


I got my favorite tree all decorated on Saturday morning.


Every year when I decorate I feel like everything looks cluttered and mismatched.  I decided to get rid of our stockings because I didn't like all the red.  I know red is a Christmas color, but I needed a change.  These did the trick for now!


I got the kids all cleaned up and they cooperated for a Christmas card picture yesterday.  


CANNOT believe they will be 10 and 13 in February.


Last night was the first night this week we've all had dinner together.  The kids had fun making Christmas shaped pizzas.  


I'm hoping to have all of my inside decorating done tomorrow so I can focus on shopping and then enjoying the season.  I feel like I'm always rushing through the season so I'm trying to get on top of it all so I can just sit and enjoy the lights and togetherness!

No comments: