Saturday, May 4, 2019

kentucky derby

We hosted a derby party this year and it was so much fun!


I found a few simple decorations on etsy that pulled everything together.


I don't typically buy red roses, but these fit the theme and they were beautiful.


I'm not a bartender and neither is Jason so we took the easy way out on the mint juleps.


I ordered a derby pie from a local bakery and it was delicious.  


I tried to make as many themed foods as I could.


I got nuggets from Chick Fil A for the chicken and waffles.


I LOVE pimento cheese!


I threw my outfit together at the last minute, but I think it turned out well.  I found the hat at Kohls and primed a dress from Amazon!  Jason had his derby suit from last year that he wore for Easter.


Our friends were good sports and dressed up too!


Ann and her husband Chad joked that there were coming as the horse and jockey!!


It was a good mix of hats and fascinators!


The derby ladies!


Cheers!


We pulled up the names of the horses on the tv and everyone cast their votes and we all bet $2 to make it fun.  I picked the winning horse and then unfortunately he was disqualified.  My $16 winnings never made it into my hands before I had to give it up, ha!


We had such a fun evening and everyone wants us to host it again next year.  Hopefully our sports schedule will allow us to do it again next year as last year Emmy had a gymnastics show and Bryce a baseball tournament on derby day!

No comments: