Sunday, August 2, 2009

6 year anniversary

Jason and I are celebrating 6 years of marriage today! It is so hard to believe how quickly time goes by. It seems like just yesterday we were on our honeymoon in the Bahamas. And just last year we were celebrating 5 years in Bermuda. For those of you who know us well, you know our story. But for those of you who don't know us, here is our history. Jason and I met in World Geography during our freshman year of high school (we were fourteen). We continued to date all through high school and during our college years. We got engaged during our freshman year of college (we were eighteen). We got married once we both turned twenty-one and well, the rest is history.
Here we are on our wedding day. Look how young we were.
I just loved my wedding dress. I saw it in a magazine and knew I had to have it. I went and tried it on at a local bridal shop in Richmond. Even though the dress was a size 14, they were able to adjust it well enough that I knew I loved the dress just as much on as I did in the magazine. (I wanted to post these last week on Kelly's, show us your life - wedding dresses, but I wanted to wait until our actual anniversary to do this post).

I was hoping that you would be able to see how the dress laced up in the back, but it's hard to see in this picture. It's amazing that our wedding was only 6 years ago and we don't have any digital photos. I was able to scan a few pictures that I found (the date on them is a day off).

Here I am with my girls

Jason with the guys (our ring bearer, Carter, was missing from this photo)

No comments: