- I've been in a bit of a funk lately but I think I'm finally getting over it. I'm a creature of habit and don't deal well with change. I have enjoyed summer vacation, but as teachers went back to work on Monday, my new role as stay at home mom officially started. I found myself missing my teacher friends and the structure a new school year brings. I decided to stop sleeping in (which is only until about 6:45) and waiting to get ready for the day once the kids were up. I have started getting up at 5:45 and I alternate lifting weights and doing cardio in the mornings. Once I'm done exercising, I shower and get ready for the day before Jason leaves for work. That way I'm ready for the day once the kids wake up and I'm ready for anything that comes our way.
- Because I'm not ready to "let go" of my friendships and school involvement, I have committed to helping my team run copies each week. I went into school on Tuesday to help a little and then went to lunch with the girls. I went back today and did the same and it was so nice to interact with adults and do some "work".
- Bryce starts preschool on Tuesday so I took him to get a back-to-school haircut. Kelly usually cuts his hair, but since they have moved and Bryce isn't over there while I work, I have been attempting to cut his hair myself. I don't do so well on the trim so I decided it was time for a "real" haircut! I took him to Sport Clips because I had a coupon for a $5 cut.
- With the start of fall and preschool, our schedule is filling up and I love it. I just love structure and a bit of controlled chaos. I feel more productive when I have things to do and list to cross off. I bought a new planner tonight because my small calendar was overflowing. I just love filling out a new calendar!
This post is brought to you courtesy of iphone pictures from mine and Jason's phones since I have not turned any of our cameras on since we got back from the beach!
I think it turned out great. He's such a handsome boy!
5. I have been working on getting Emmy and Bryce to nap at the same time in the afternoons. Bryce takes a 3 hour nap each day which would allow me to get a lot done if Emmy would sleep at the same time. She usually takes some sort of nap while Bryce naps. I bought some books tonight to read when I have a little down time during naps. I have heard so much about each of these books through other blogs so I indulged tonight at Barnes and Noble and spent a little of my birthday money.
6. We went to a local baseball game on Monday night. They have a promotion on Mondays that if you bring a McDonald's receipt, tickets are buy one get one free. We actually ended up getting free tickets from someone at the gate so it was an even better deal.
7. My mom took the kids shopping today and Emmy came home with this bib. I.LOVE.IT! And I LOVE that smile.
8. Emmy has outgrown the bouncy seat. It no longer contains her. I'm so worried she is going to topple out. She has also started pulling herself up, she crawled about two paces tonight, and she managed to get herself back up to a sitting position from her belly the other day ( I didn't see it happen, but she was on her belly and when I looked back, she was sitting up). You can STOP growing up so fast now!
9. Bryce's legs are finally long enough to pedal his bike and he really enjoys riding it now. He told us he wanted a horn for it. Jason just happened to have one in the garage (because he NEVER gets rid of anything). Bryce loves it!
10. It's safe to say that Bryce LOVES his sister. Emmy likes him too!
11. I was very slow to join the Pinterest bandwagon, but I finally get it and it is safe to say that I am OBSESSED. Monday's dinner was Pinterest inspired. I made meatloaf in muffin tins the other night and "frosted" them with mashed potatoes. Thank you Pinterest for adding some variety to our dinner selection!